From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:20:20 -0400
From: Danny Kingsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 03:12:50 +0000

<Apologies for cross posting>

Hi all,

What do we need to do to increase usage of Australian repositories?
The AOASG has posted a new blog addressing this question:

Four issues restricting widespread green OA in Australia -
http://aoasg.org.au/2013/08/15/four-issues-restricting-widespread-green-oa-in-australia/

Australia is a world leader in many aspects of open access. We have
institutional repositories in all universities, funding mandates with
the two main funding bodies, statements on or mandates for open access
at a large number of institutions and a large research output
available in many open access avenues. A summary of centrally
supported initiatives in this area is here.

However we can do more. This blog outlines four impediments to the
widespread uptake of open access in Australia: a lack of data about
what Australian research is available, Copyright transfer agreements,
the academic reward system and improved national discovery services.
We suggest some solutions for each of these issues. ….

Comments welcome.

Danny

Dr Danny Kingsley
Executive Officer