From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:37:32 -0500
From: Bruce Heterick <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:19:48 -0500

Thanks to Linda and to Steve for your feedback on the recently
launched Books at JSTOR initiative, and for your comments about
interlibrary loan (ILL).

We are committed to working with libraries and publishers to craft
solutions that will meet and balance their needs. While right now
books on our platform cannot be used for ILL, we are exploring a
number of options.  For example, we are planning to pilot a short-term
access or “loan” option in 2013. We expect this approach will enable
libraries to make more books available to their patrons faster, more
easily, and at lower cost for libraries than ILL today.

We will be working with library and publisher partners to finalize the
pilot shortly and welcome any suggestions on the approach you may
have.  We will also keep our participating libraries informed as a
date for the pilot of this option is finalized.

In the meantime, should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate
to contact us at [log in to unmask]

Bruce Heterick
Vice President
JSTOR | Portico