From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:32:00 -0400
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:29:03 +0100

PRESS RELEASE

De Gruyter Presents Open Access Distribution Model for Libraries –

A Short Film Called "The Art of Paper Planes" Creatively Demonstrates the Model

Berlin, 11 March 2013 – At the 2013 German Librarians' Day the
academic publisher De Gruyter will be presenting its distribution
model for open access articles. Under the model, libraries and
research institutions can obtain various packages for open access
distribution. The packages enable affiliated researchers to quickly
publish their findings under the open access standard. Research
contributions can be released as journal articles or book chapters in
De Gruyter and Versita publications at the publishing house's own
platform.

Under the so-called hybrid model, it is possible to additionally
publish articles under the open access standard in traditional
subscription journals. The attractive discounts offered by the De
Gruyter model help to prevent customers from paying twice for the same
content (so-called "double dipping"). "Our model aims to strengthen
the status of the librarian as the central source of information on
campus," says Katrin Siems, Vice President of Marketing & Sales at De
Gruyter.

Over 10,000 open access articles were published by De Gruyter and
Versita in journals and books in 2012. "The demand for this innovative
publication standard continues to grow, and with our model we hope to
win the very best content for our publishing portfolio," Siems adds.

De Gruyter has produced a short film that showcases its new open
access model for libraries. "The Art of Paper Planes" demonstrates how
the open access standard removes barriers to distribution and makes
content easily accessible worldwide.

The film is being shown for the first time at the German Librarians'
Day in Leipzig. It can also be viewed at De Gruyter's homepage:
http://www.degruyter.com/dg/page/16

Additional information about the new distribution model, including
prices, can be found at: http://www.degruyter.com/openaccess

Contact

Ulrike Lippe
Public Relations Manager