From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:44:26 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:11:59 -0400

I did understand you, David.  And, yes, people disagree.  While the
"rainbow of colors" for OA is silly--the important question is who is
footing the bill--there are important differences between OA regimes
where there is an embargo, where there is no embargo, whether the
material can be commercialized for third parties, etc.  For example,
take a look at what has been made public about PeerJ.  It's clear that
PeerJ has a complex model, which is hard to understand if it is simply
thought of as OA.

Joe Esposito