From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2014 19:14:45 -0500
From: Ingegerd Rabow <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 14:25:16 +0000

Welcome to the Grand Final issue of ScieCom info: Nordic-Baltic Forum
for Scientific Communication November 2014.

We thank all our faithful readers throughout  our ten-year existence
and are very grateful for all your support. It has been a real
pleasure to be able to cooperate with our experienced and resourceful
editors in all the Nordic and in the Baltic countries, and we
sincerely hope, that this Nordic-Baltic cooperation  will live on to
give a common support to the Open Access movement.

Special thanks to our highly valued web editor and editorial staff.

Finally – many thanks to all our authors from our Nordic and Baltic
countries. Your contributions on the developments of OA-publishing and
OA-policies in your countries have generated an international
interest.

In this issue we present an overview of the DOAJ, once created here at
Lund university, the opinions on OA-policy in the Norwegian an Swedish
research councils, an interview with a Lithuanian academician on the
advantages of OA, and report on the current status of OA in the Nordic
and Baltic countries.

Have a good read!

Ingegerd Rabow
Editor-in-chief, ScieCom info

---

"Bringing the DOAJ to a new level" by Lars Bjørnshauge, Managing Director, DOAJ

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11633/10309

"A boost for open access to research in Norway" by Jon Øygarden
Flæten, adviser, The Research Council of Norway

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11634/10321

"The Swedish  Research Council tries to leap for the moon but never
leaves the ground – comment on the SRC draft guidelines for open
access" by Jan Hagerlid

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11635/10320

"Academician Antanas Buračas suggests publication in open access for
everyone who seeks to find partners for their ideas" by Emilija
Banionytė, Director of Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences,
and Rasa Dovidonytė, the Senior Information manager, the Library of
Kaunas University of Technology

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11636/10310

BALTIC

Three reports on the Open Access movement in each of the Baltic Countries:

"Open Access in Estonia" by  Elena Sipria-Mironov, the University of
Tartu Library, Estonia

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11637/10311

"The Open Access movement in Latvia" by Iveta Gudakovska,
GitaRozenberga, Evija Lapsa, Library of the University of Latvia

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11638/10312

"Open Access in Lithuania" by Gintare Tautkevičienė, Rūta
Petrauskaitė, Brigita Serafinavičiūtė,

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11639/10313

DENMARK

"Open Access in Denmark" by Adrian Price, Faculty of Life Sciences
Library, University of Copenhagen

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11641/10315

FINLAND

"Open access in Finland 2014" by  Turid Hedlund,  Associate Professor
at Hanken School of Economics, Helsinki Finland

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11642/10316

ICELAND

"The University of Iceland open access policy: The work involved and
the attitude of the academic staff" by  Áslaug Agnarsdóttir,
Director of Services at The National and University Library in
Reykjavik.

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11643/10317

NORWAY

"Open Access the last ten years – how far have we come?" by Jan Erik
Frantsvåg, Open Access adviserThe University Library of Tromsø, Norway

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11644/10318

SWEDEN

"The Share of Open Access in Sweden 2011 – analyzing the OA outcome
from Swedish universities" by Margareta Fathli, librarian at KTH Royal
Institute of Technology School,  Tomas Lundén, librarian at SLU
University Library, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences., and
Peter Sjögårde bibliometric analyst.

http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/11645/10319

*******