From:
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2014 15:04:28 -0400
From: Erin Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 13:33:56 +0000

Good morning, everyone.

I’m interested to know if anyone has read this article yet:

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/344/6190/1332.full

Or the original research here:

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2014/06/11/1403006111.full.pdf+html

It’s not exactly surprising, but it’s interesting to read from an
economics perspective.  This has spurred much discussion here at
Rollins, and we will be conducting an analysis of our e-journal
package payments in comparison with the mean bundle prices reported in
the research.  We’re also re-evaluating our licenses regarding
non-disclosure agreements.

I would love to hear your thoughts and whether or not this is a cause
for concern and/or action at your institution.

Cheers,

Erin

Erin Gallagher
Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Olin Library
Rollins College
Winter Park, FL 32789