From:
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2013 22:43:50 -0500
From: Houeida Charara <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 06:48:36 +0000

Dear Ann et al:

In the same spirit:

I had lately a reply from a publisher stating : "I spoke with our
counsel and unfortunately we are unable to remove the provisions you
are requesting.  We feel that these items are quite fair and I would
note that the xxxxxx xxxxxxx among others have all agreed to these
provisions to enable use of the xxxxxx service by their researchers".

Libraries are making progress in negotiating licenses, but they still
have a long road ahead.

Best regards,

HKC
Houeida Kammourié-Charara, D.F.A.P., MScEcon
InfoCommons Librarian
Lebanese American University
Beirut – Lebanon
Library Liaison Communication Arts