From:
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:03:16 -0400
From: Denise Koufogiannakis <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:20:48 -0600

Since both teaching faculty and librarian practitioners contribute to
the LIS literature, it would be very interesting to further break down
the data on research outputs to determine if both groups within the
LIS category are of the same opinion, or if there is further division.
My guess is that the librarian practitioners are more likely to be in
the group that would "like an alternative to academic papers to become
the main output of research."  I see there was a category for
identification as a practitioner, but many academic librarians in
North America are also considered faculty and may have titles such as
Assistant or Associate Professor, so it may not be possible to
accurately separate the data in order to answer my question. Would be
an interesting future study.

Denise Koufogiannakis
Collections & Acquisitions Coordinator
University of Alberta