From:
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2014 07:18:42 -0500
From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 10:45:42 -0500

The Gates Foundation announces this.  Anyone know how many articles
result from Gates Foundation funded research?  Note that the
Foundation will pay necessary fees.

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/how-we-work/general-information/open-access-policy

"The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is committed to information
sharing and transparency. We believe that published research resulting
from our funding should be promptly and broadly disseminated. We have
adopted an Open Access policy that enables the unrestricted access and
reuse of all peer-reviewed published research funded, in whole or in
part, by the foundation, including any underlying data sets.  As of
January 1, 2015 our Open Access policy will be effective for all new
agreements. During a two-year transition period, publishers will be
permitted to apply up to a 12 month embargo period on the
accessibility of the publication and its underlying data sets. This
embargo period will no longer be allowed after January 1, 2017."