From:
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2015 21:00:46 -0400
From: "Ann P. Snoeyenbos" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 20:25:30 +0000

We’re pleased to share that following a national search, Wendy Queen
has been appointed director of Project MUSE.

A 15 year veteran of the Johns Hopkins University Press, Wendy served
as Deputy Director of MUSE beginning in 2014, prior to which she held
progressive responsibilities including Associate Director, Publishing
Technologies.

Wendy is active in the scholarly publishing community, including AAP
and AAUP. She has served on the COUNTER Board for over ten years, and
is also a member of the North American Steering Group of the ALPSP.
Wendy was appointed Interim Director of Project MUSE in March 2015,
and in April led MUSE’s largest event of the year, the Annual
Publisher Meeting, expanded to include a 20th Anniversary celebration.

“Throughout her time with MUSE, Wendy has led efforts to consolidate
our technology strengths, to regularize the ongoing development of
platform functionality, and to streamline MUSE production workflows,”
said Kathleen Keane, director of the JHU Press. “I am delighted to
have her deep knowledge of the platform and her extensive experience
with the needs of our many constituencies, from libraries and
publishers to scholars and readers, brought to the task of leading the
organization.”

“I am thrilled to have the opportunity to lead MUSE and continue the
amazing work being done by the MUSE staff,” said Wendy.

Wendy began her career with JHU Press and Project MUSE as a web
developer in 2000, working on the platform as it expanded to include
content from numerous not-for-profit presses and journals beyond JHUP.
Eventually, Queen led a 15-person staff of technology and production
professionals, whose accomplishments included the development of a
critically important XML workflow for the journals content, and the
integration of book content from the University Press Content
Consortium (UPCC) into the MUSE platform. Wendy also led all of JHUP’s
web development efforts for ten years, including publication of three
online reference works.

Ann Snoeyenbos
Project MUSE