From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:05:04 -0400
From: Charlotte Van Rooyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:43:58 +0100

Dear All

*** apologies for cross-posting ***

I am passing on the latest news from Cogent OA (an Open Access
publisher backed by Taylor & Francis) announcing the release of their
new platform. The new platform has the mission of Cogent OA to put
authors at the centre of publishing as its focus, and has a simple and
intuitive interface, designed to meet the expectations of a generation
with high design standards and limited time.

Details in the short press release below - or the full press release
is available at: http://cogentoa.tandfonline.com/page/press

Please do get in touch with me or Zita Balogh at Cogent OA
([log in to unmask]) if you need any more information.

Warm regards
Charlotte

Charlotte Van Rooyen
TBI Communications Limited

*******

Cogent OA celebrates 1st anniversary with new platform

Cogent OA – an Open Access publisher backed by Taylor & Francis – has
today released a major upgrade to its user interface. Cogent OA’s new
platform focuses on assisting authors in ensuring their work gets
found and read by the broadest possible audience; and readers in
making interesting new connections – both within and also from outside
their direct fields of interest.

“Our ambition is to give authors the best possible publishing
experience and broadest possible impact for their work”, said Bryan
Vickery, Director at Cogent OA. “Our new platform includes a range of
features designed to help showcase our authors’ work and encourage
interaction and collaboration.”

The new platform has a simple and intuitive interface, designed to
meet the expectations of a generation with high design standards and
limited time. New faceted browsing features and a structured taxonomy
assist readers in quickly identifying relevant content. Cogent OA’s
editorial team identifies interesting connections between articles
from diverse fields – helping build inter-disciplinary networks.
Authors are encouraged to add video abstracts and public interest
statements to explain their work, and they can also personalize their
articles with profile and social media information.