From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:27:51 -0500
From: "Wagstaff, D John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 01:07:33 +0000

Hello everyone:
I'm new to this list, so please excuse a simple question: is there a
legal definition of "perpetual access" that might provide useful
guidance in cases like this regarding what we should/should not expect
when a content provider goes into bankruptcy or cannot continue to
fulfill contract terms for other reasons?

John Wagstaff
Head, Music & Performing Arts Library
School of Music
Urbana IL61801
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

From: Audrey McCulloch <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:27:31 +0000

Dear colleagues,

ALPSP is working to ensure that subscribers continue to have access to
the content they subscribed to via the ALPSP Learned Journals
Collection (ALJC).  I have been in touch with Monica and ALPSP is
currently asking the publishers involved to contact CRKN to ensure
that appropriate access is continued.

If you are a current or past subscriber to content in the ALJC and
have concerns around continuing access, please visit the ALJC webpage
(http://www.alpsp.org/Ebusiness/MemberBenefits/ALPSPLearnedJournalCollection.aspx),
where you can find details of the most appropriate person to assist
you with your query.

ALPSP is working to appoint an alternative agent to manage the ALJC
and we will be in touch with all those who have asked for 2015 pricing
as soon as possible.

With thanks and best wishes,
Audrey

Dr Audrey McCulloch