From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2012 18:19:57 -0500
From: Ann Goedkoop <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:12:35 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about using PACS codes. (For information about PACS:
http://www.aip.org/pacs/.)  ECS is in the process of moving its
Digital Library to a new platform and I wonder if we could drop the
PACS codes from our archive.  We've already stopping assigning codes
to our current journal content. Dropping them would make the
transition easier as it would be one less thing to manage. I've polled
the members of our editorial boards and no one has came back to say
that they use PACS, in fact, several have replied that they've never
even heard of PACS. However, one editor suggested that before we
remove the PACS we should check with the major databases (ISI,
SciFinder, Scopus, etc.) to find out if they use these codes as
metadata and/or if removing them would cause any problems for users
trying to discover ECS articles.

I would be interested to hear from users of this list serve on this
topic. Feel free to reply on or off this list.

Annie Goedkoop, Director of Publications
ECS ~ The Electrochemical Society
65 South Main Street, Pennington, NJ 08534-2839, USA
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.electrochem.org<http://www.electrochem.org>