From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:30:27 -0400
From: adam hodgkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Dear Colleagues

Is there a 'best practice' about FTE pricing. We are planning to
provide institutional licenses to consumer magazines, some with high
cultural content, which would include web access and access via iPad
apps to provide full archival searching, saving of searches and
various forms of social interaction, and we are wondering whether
there is a 'model' approach that should be used?

== is a stepped approach preferred? If so how many steps is easy?

== or some smoothly scaled formula starting from a minimal base?

== is there any consensus about how FTE for universities and colleges
should be offered in relation to a parallel metric for population
sizes for public libraries?

== have their been any studies on what constitutes 'fairness' in FTE
or population based pricing

Any advice or pointers received with thanks

My institutional affiliation is:

https://exacteditionsblog.wordpress.com/
http://twitter.com/adamhodgkin

Adam Hodgkin