From:
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2017 21:00:40 -0400
From: Richard Poynder <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 21:31:18 +0100

I agree that there are a variety of powerful influences now
surrounding the academic eco-system. I also think that fake news and
predatory publishing are both consequences of a larger set of social
changes, and I wrote something on this theme here:

http://bit.ly/2taOuoL

A recent post in The Scholarly Kitchen also explored some of these
larger issues:

https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2017/07/24/trouble-hand-mobile-devices-perpetuate-weak-business-models/

Richard Poynder