From:
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2016 18:06:16 -0400
From: John Willinsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 16:25:15 -0700

With much change afoot in scholarly publishing, The Open Access
Cooperative Publishing Study is assessing ways of moving subscription
journals to open access by having libraries pay them the equivalent of
their previous subscription fees.

With the support of the MarArthur Foundation, we started by surveying
research libraries, finding that over 85 percent have an interest in
exploring this further (among the 150 libraries responding to date).

We are now turning to subscription journal editors and publishers,
with a parallel survey that both explains the concept, risks, and
advantages, while asking you to assess this alternative to
subscriptions and APCs. While subscription journals are the principal
focus of this study, this cooperative includes a place for existing
open access journals, and their editors and publishers are welcome to
participate in this survey as well.

The survey: https://stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3qH0ngLuhLY0vIN.

Thank you for weighing in.

John Willinsky