From:
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2013 17:26:23 -0400
From: ANTHONY WATKINSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:12:51 +0100

The opinion in the world of journals is that an OA journal demands
just as much marketing and probably more marketing (as a new journal)
that one published under the traditional model.

Anthony

From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:26:23 -0500

> An interesting side
> question is whether an OA monograph requires marketing.  I'd argue it
> does--more cost--but perhaps others disagree.

I can tell you this much, Alex: in discussing this very question among
members of the search committee for the new director of the OA Amherst
College Press we reached a firm consensus that marketing is needed for
monographs published OA, but it will probably take different
forms--involving social media more, for example--than in the print
environment.

Sandy Thatcher