From:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:46:51 -0400
From: "Remy, Charlie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 12:21:31 +0000

Hi All,

I’m wondering if anyone on this list has canceled ARTstor despite
having invested in the expensive one time archive capital fee years
ago?

Our usage is showing a steady decline, the annual access fee is pricey
(along the lines of a traditional database subscription), and more
open access image collections seem to be available such as the
recently announced Metropolitan Museum of Art initiative:

http://metmuseum.org/about-the-museum/press-room/news/2014/oasc-access

I’m curious about people's thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Charlie Remy

Charlie Remy
Assistant Professor
Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian
Lupton Library, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Chattanooga, TN 37403