From:
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 03:13:03 -0400
From: "Hinchliffe, Lisa W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 13:39:43 +0000

I've not coordinated such an event but I've been the speaker in this
scenario many times so from that perspective ...

My sense is that mostly these go really well and the biggest things
are clarity of roles and purpose, good communication, and upfront
discussion about budget.

With respect to your speaker, my advice is to have a single person who
is empowered to speak for the group with the speaker. It is very
confusing to have multiple people contacting me for the same event -
at times I've been the one to have to point out that different people
are working with different schedules for the day, which is a little
awkward to say the least! :)  I also recommend a single
website/LibGuide/whatever for all information about the event.

Good luck with your event!
Lisa

--
Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe
Professor/ Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction

From: "Divittorio, Katy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 21:42:32 +0000

Has your library hosted an event with other institutions?  My library
is working on bringing in an Open Access speaker in conjunction with
five nearby institutions.  I’m interested in hearing from others who
have done something similar.  What advice can you share?  Or maybe you
didn’t host but attended the event.  Please share examples of events
like this you have attended.  Apologies for cross-duplication.

Thank you,

Katy

Katy DiVittorio
Acquisitions Librarian
Auraria Library
1100 Lawrence Street, Denver, CO 80204
p. (303) 556-4513 | f. (303) 556-2623
[log in to unmask] | library.auraria.edu