From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2016 19:45:46 -0400
From: Pru Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 17:05:25 +0000

Hi Everyone,

My institution is undergoing several changes this year and with that
my IT department is looking at extending active directory access to
students who have left the university for up to one year. How has your
library/IT department handled blocking extended active directory
access to library systems that run on LDAP connections?

I’m thinking my IT department would have to group students who are not
currently enrolled differently in the AD in order for them to either
block our systems by IP address or to update our LDAP connections to
only look at groups containing active students.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Pru Morris
Digital Resources Manager
Texas A&M University-San Antonio