From:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2014 01:12:05 -0400
From: Danny Kingsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 06:30:14 +0000

<Apologies for cross posting>

Hello all,

The last of the AOASG’s Paying for Publication series has been uploaded today:

‘What are we spending on OA publication?” -
http://aoasg.org.au/what-are-we-spending-on-oa-publication/

The page takes the position: "It is naive to think that we can have an
effective strategic conversation about the future of scholarly
publishing without understanding what we are spending in the sector.”
The page notes that it is extremely difficult to determine expenditure
in this area and lists different attempts to approach the question in
the Australian context (with little success).

This page is timely in light of the revelations of Timothy Gower’s FoI
requests about UK university expenditure on subscriptions.  This page
is the last of the Payment for Publication:

http://aoasg.org.au/paying-for-publication/ series which also includes:

'Managing Article Processing Charges' -
http://aoasg.org.au/managing-article-processing-charges/

'Cost of Hybrid' - http://aoasg.org.au/cost-of-hybrid/

'Addressing the double dipping charge' -
http://aoasg.org.au/addressing-the-double-dipping-charge/

'Do OA funds support hybrid?' - http://aoasg.org.au/funding-hybrid/

'Not all hybrid is equal' - http://aoasg.org.au/not-all-hybrid-is-equal/

'The membership model' - http://aoasg.org.au/the-membership-model-2/

We hope you have found the series useful and informative.

Danny

Dr Danny Kingsley
Executive Officer
Australian Open Access Support Group