From:
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2015 11:40:41 -0500
From:  Ann Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:55:07 -0500

What are the fastest promised delivery times for library materials
to campus offices?  What are standard promised delivery times?

* From off-site shelving facilities

* From local stacks and collections?

Overnight?  Same day?  Or?

Ann

******

From: "Jim O'Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 07:09:13 -0700

The buzz about Amazon using drone technology to speed delivery will
quieten down a bit after this construction of a roadblock:

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/amazon-drone-delivery-plans-nixed-u-s-regulators-n307006

If I understand it right, Santa will be able to continue to do
miraculous deliveries, since he pilots the sleigh himself and it's
always in his plain sight.  My recent experience of Amazon suggests
that they are closing in on Santa but not quite there yet, with next
day delivery on Sunday already happening but my one experience of
same-day delivery turning into two weeks of phone calls to their
outsource delivery service called LaserShip, whose lasers appeared to
be seriously misaligned.

Now, how does this push us on library book deliveries to patrons?
Certainly starts to raise expectations.  Again.

Jim O'Donnell
ASU