From:
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2017 16:19:59 -0500
From: "Gilson, Thomas V" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 16:20:18 +0000

CROSS POSTED:

2017 Call for Preconferences Now Open
Deadline April 28

The Charleston Conference welcomes proposals for preconference
sessions at our upcoming 2017 event. The proposal deadline is April 28
and space is very limited. Please review the guidelines below and
submit your proposal on our Call for Preconferences form at
http://www.charlestonlibraryconference.com/call-preconferences/.

Preconference Guidelines:

1) The main focus of the Charleston Conference is the acquisition and
leasing of library materials of all types, budget issues, licensing,
personnel, marketing, publicity, providing access. As well, we
encourage sessions on digital scholarship, end users,
entrepreneurship, innovation and professional development. We like new
ideas or approaches and especially those that accentuate the
practical. However, sessions that are product-oriented or that are
presented by a single company/publisher/vendor will not be accepted.

2) The preconferences will be scheduled on the Monday and Tuesday
prior to the main conference. Full day sessions run from 9:00 am -
4:00 pm. Morning sessions are 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, and afternoon
sessions are 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. We provide a refreshment break at
10:30 am, lunch at the Vendor Showcase from 12:00 - 1:00 pm, and
another break at 2:30 pm. Please schedule your agendas accordingly.

3) For most preconferences, the Charleston Conference covers the cost
of the meeting room rental, A/V equipment, and refreshments for
attendees. To cover those costs, full day preconference registration
fees are generally $160, and half day preconference fees are generally
$110. If you would like to make arrangements for a different
registration amount due to sponsorships or other alternatives, please
contact Leah Hinds at [log in to unmask]

Submit your proposal:
http://www.charlestonlibraryconference.com/call-preconferences/

--

Leah Hinds
Assistant Director

Tom Gilson
Associate Editor, Against the Grain
Head of Reference Emeritus,
Addlestone Library, College of Charleston