From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2016 23:03:08 -0500
From: Carla Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 15:30:48 +0000

The annual Kraemer Copyright Conference at UCCS will be held on June
6-7, 2016 on the University of Colorado Colorado Springs campus. This
conference offers public, academic, and school librarians the
opportunity to learn about U.S. Copyright Law and how it impacts the
services we offer our patrons.

The conference schedule can be found here:
http://www.uccs.edu/copyright/kraemerconference/schedule.html.

Our featured speakers this year include:

Dr. Kenneth D. Crews, who is an attorney, author, professor, and
international copyright consultant. For over 25 years, his research,
policymaking, and teaching have centered on copyright issues related
to education and research.

Kevin Smith, Director of the Office of Copyright and Scholarly
Communications at Duke University and author of the popular Scholarly
Communications @ Duke blog, will be joining us this year to speak
about the tools available to help librarians in addressing copyright
issues.

Donna L. Ferullo, who is a Professor and Director of the University
Copyright Office at Purdue University. She advises the University on
copyright compliance issues and is responsible for educating the
University community on their rights and responsibilities under the
copyright law.

Carrie Russell, who is the Director for the Program on Public Access
to Information for the American Library Association's Office for
Information Technology Policy (OITP).

Thanks to the generous support of our conference sponsors including
the Kraemer Family Endowment, the Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC),
the Colorado State Library, the Colorado Alliance of Research
Libraries, and Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP conference
registration is free!

Visit our conference webpage to learn more about this event:
http://www.uccs.edu/copyright/kraemerconference.html.

You can register for the conference here:
http://www.uccs.edu/copyright/kraemerconference/registration.html.
While registration is free, it is still required and due to space
limitations anyone not registered will not be admitted to the event.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about
registration or the conference.

Best,
Carla Myers

Assistant Professor
Faculty Director of Access Services and Scholarly Communications
Kraemer Family Library
The University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
719-255-3908