From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 19:29:18 -0500
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:04:44 +0000

PRESS RELEASE

"Open Access is Part of Our Core Business"
De Gruyter Open: A New Imprint for a Growing Portfolio

Berlin, 23 January 2014 – Open Access (OA) is an important and growing
aspect of De Gruyter's publishing activities, impacting all subject
areas. De Gruyter is therefore consolidating all OA publications under
a new imprint: De Gruyter Open. The publisher Versita, which was
acquired by De Gruyter in 2012, will be fully subsumed under the new
imprint.

"Open Access has established itself as a key avenue for publication in
all academic disciplines," said Sven Fund, Managing Director of De
Gruyter. "The De Gruyter Open portfolio now contains more than 100
books and more than 350 journals." Last year the De Gruyter Group
published more than 15,000 Open Access journal articles.

"We're proud of the strict quality criteria applied by our editors
when selecting content," Fund added. Open Access publication under the
De Gruyter Open imprint is subject to the same peer-review process as
traditional journals and books. Publication generally takes place
under Creative Commons license CC-BY-NC-ND, although authors and
partnering institutions can select licensing forms that are even less
restrictive.

In 2014 De Gruyter Open will be expanded beyond Europe to the United
States and Asia.

Contact
Ulrike Lippe
Public Relations Manager

De Gruyter: The independent academic publisher De Gruyter can look
back at an over 260 year history. The De Gruyter Group, which includes
the publishing houses of De Gruyter Akademie Forschung, Birkhäuser, De
Gruyter Mouton, De Gruyter Oldenbourg, De Gruyter Open, and De Gruyter
Saur publishes over 1,300 new titles each year in the humanities,
medicine, ­natural sciences, and law, more than 650 journals, and a
variety of digital media. The company is headquartered in Berlin,
Germany. http://www.degruyter.com/