From:
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 19:25:10 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:51:44 -0700

I didn't read it that way, Anthony.  I think the point rather is that
Anthrosource was with a not-for-profit unit of a university and was
moved by the society to WileyBlackwell (it may have been before the
Blackwell acquisition; I'm not sure).  So if someone is complaining
about Wiley's trading practices, why not protest when the project was
taken away from the university press?

BTW, Wiley is  great publisher and does a great job.  But that's not
what's at issue here.  The question is the apparent contradiction
between declared philosophical positions and actions on the part of
some society publishers.

Of course, the director of Columbia University Press can speak for
himself and may inform this list that I have it all wrong!

Joe Esposito