From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:43:31 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Dear Colleagues,

We are about to renew our agreement with Encyclopaedia Britannica for
our BIBSAM consortium in Sweden. However, EB insist to charge us for
their newly launched App, not for the first year (2013), but for the
coming years in the agreement period (2014-2015).

We have some other publisher and vendors that offer Apps, but at no
extra charge, and we think that´s how it should be; an application to
reach the content easier. And since we pay for content we won´t pay
extra for an App.

But, EB insists. Is there anyone of you who have similar experiences
to share, and good arguments?

Kind Regards

Anders Höijer

Anders Höijer
Licensing Coordinator, BIBSAM Consortium
National Cooperation, Coordination and Development Department
Kungl. biblioteket/National Library of Sweden
Mail: Box 5039, 102 41 Stockholm
Visits: Karlavägen 100, Stockholm
Phone: +46 10 709 34 15
Skype: andershoijer1