From:
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:15:41 -0400
From: Lidia Stępińska-Ustasiak
Date:  Fri, 21 August 2015 10:42:13

I’m pleased to present the English version of the report “Open Science
in Poland 2014. A Diagnosis”, prepared by the Open Science Platform team.

It is just a puzzle of a picture of OA in Europe, but I hope it might be useful
for researchers (and other people interested in OA) analyzing
scholarly communication.

The aim of the report is to present a comprehensive overview of the
current state of openness in Polish science. We present the
institutional context of Open Science in Poland and  analyse its
selected legal aspects, as well as describe the current e-infrastructure
of Open Access. The report also summarize the results of desk research and of
surveys of Polish scientific journals and Polish scientists conducted
for the purpose of the report.

The picture presented in the report shows the strengths and limitations
of Open Access in Poland. The specific OA model in Poland is mainly
based on grass-root initiatives implemented by publishers of scientific
journals, researchers themselves, institutions providing IT solutions,
and several institutions managing repositories. While Poland still lacks
institutional OA strategies and policies, both on the governmental and
institutional level, the number of publications in OA is growing
dynamically. According to the report, in 2014 there were 947 OA journals
in Poland.

The report is available on the Open Science Platform website
(http://pon.edu.pl/index.php/nasze-publikacje?pubid=16)  under the
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 PL licence.

Please share this report within the Open Access community.

Regards,

Lidia Stępińska-Ustasiak
Open Science Platform
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling
University of Warsaw
+ 48 791 177 032
@OpenSciPlatform
@Lidia_Stepinska