From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2012 16:49:53 -0400
From: Ari Belenkiy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 15:37:47 -0700

My opinion is that Green OA makes less sense since the paper that did
not pass peer review & has lower value.  It is just a private opinion.

After a peer review it acquires value but of what type?  I will
describe one situation.  The peer reviewers could point out to the
errors in computations though the approach overall might have been
recognized as valid.

I would rather correct any errors and allow the corrected paper to
appear in the journal first - for general benefit. If I am not
mistaken, this was a similar situation with Crick and Watson that led
to Nobel Prize in Biology.

Ari Belenkiy