From:
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:34:38 -0400
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 15:41:52 -0500

I'd be interested in knowing what, specifically, Jim's objections are
to the terms of this agreement, which in some ways are more generous
than many publishers offer.  E.g., CUP allows the VoR to be posted on
one's personal or department website as soon as the article appears in
CUP's Journals Online and in the IR of the institution where one was
employed at the time the article was accepted within one year after
acceptance. CUP is even open to allowing the VoR to be posted in other
IRs upon special request. This goes way beyond the Green OA policies
that most publishers have.

The only respect in which the contract strikes me as somewhat less
friendly to authors than others is that CUP does not chare income
received from subsidiary rights licenses, such as copying done through
the CCC.

Sandy Thatcher