From:
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2012 16:09:53 -0400
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 09:03:02 -0400

The standard source of comprehensive information on the academic
workforce is the human resources components of the US Department of
Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
Participation in the IPEDS is required of all U. S. postsecondary
institutions that participate in federal student aid programs
authorized under Title VI of the Higher Education Act of 1965. More
than 7,500 institutions complete IPEDS surveys each year. The data
reported by individual institutions can be accessed several ways at
the IPEDS Web site (http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/). The MLA's Academic
Workforce Data Center provides an easy-to-use interface to look up
information about numbers and percentages of faculty members in
tenured, tenure-track, and full- and part-time non-tenure-track
positions at 4,246 degree-granting institutions in all 50 states and
the District of Columbia.

The URL for the MLA Data Center is: http://www.mla.org/acad_work_search.

David Laurence
Director, Office of Research and ADE
Modern Language Association
New York, NY 10004-1789

From: "Sem C. Sutter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 19:22:18 -0400

Yes--IPEDS, the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data
System, is compiled and maintained by the National Center for
Education Statistics.  It should contain these data.

http://nces.ed.gov/IPEDS/

Best,

Sem C. Sutter
Head of Collection Development