From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2012 15:04:14 -0400
From: "Bhatt, Anjana" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 15:27:21 +0000

Hi All: I am a members of the Open Access  (OA) Agreements and
Licenses Task Force, set up by Confederation of Open Access
Repositories.

The purpose of the Task Force is to monitor, evaluate and promote the
implementation of effective open access agreements and licenses in
order to improve access to research papers globally. For further
details about our work please check
http://www.coar-repositories.org/working-groups/repository-content/licenses-task-force/

I am currently gathering information about various types of OA
agreement (between publisher-library/licensing agencies) that are
currently in use across the US libraries. If you have worked with an
open access publisher and have any information for the following
issues please respond to me directly at [log in to unmask]

1. Licensing language that allows authors and/or institutions to
retain rights to deposit copies of publications ("self-archive") in
open access repositories (disciplinary and/or institutional).

2. Publishers terms for access and reuse (i.e. to enable text mining,
hyperlinking, copying, distribution, derived works etc.)

3. Memberships with open access publishers.

4. Agreements with publishers for direct deposit into repositories
(disciplinary and/or institutional)

5. Agreements with subscription-based publishers to publish with open
access option (Hybrid Open Access Journals)

6. Other types of cooperative agreements for open access (i.e. SCOAP3).

Is it possible for you to share some sample clauses? It will be great
if you could share a copy of your license agreement with me so I can
cull the information myself.  I will summarize and share my report
with you all later.

Thank you.

Anjana

Anjana  H. Bhatt
University Librarian (Electronic Resources)
Florida Gulf Coast University
Fort Myers, FL: 33965-6565
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://library.fgcu.edu/FAC/abhatt/bhatt.htm

[Florida has a very broad public records law.  As a result, any
written communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast
University employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the
media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law,
e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send
electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone
or in writing.]