From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2016 18:43:17 -0400
From: Emily Packer <[log in to unmask]>
 Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 17:24:48 +0100

[Apologies for cross-posting]

We are pleased to announce that eLife has teamed up with Hypothes.is
to bring publishers and researchers an open annotation platform for
important online discussions.

This partnership is another important step in eLife's mission to
inspire change in life science publishing, as we foresee that open web
annotations will be an essential ingredient of the future scholarly
experience.

Working closely with the Hypothes.is team, we have been able to inform
the platform’s roadmap to accelerate the development of critical
features addressing real-life publisher use cases. These features will
give publishers such as eLife more control over how the Hypothes.is
tools are deployed on their sites, ensuring a more seamless user
experience for authors and readers, as well as higher-quality
discussions and annotations around published content.

The full announcement is available to read here:
https://elifesciences.org/elife-news/elife-partners-with-hypothes.is-to-advance-open-scholarly-annotation

Please let me know if you would like any further information.

Kind regards,

Emily

Emily Packer
Press Officer