From:
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:16:35 -0400
From: Dominic Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:29:51 +0200

In our continuing efforts to make it easier for authors, librarians,
and readers to identify high quality open access journals, DOAJ has
now activated its DOAJ Seal which is awarded to journals that adhere
to high levels of openness, best practice and publishing standards.

https://doajournals.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/doaj-seal-is-now-live-on-the-site/

There are currently 88 journals in DOAJ that have the Seal. We've
added a facet to the search so that users can identify Seal journals
immediately. http://bit.ly/1S7wNxl

It is important to note that DOAJ Seal does not and indeed cannot
judge journals on their academic merit.

Best, Dom
Community Manager