From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2016 20:02:42 -0400
From: Casey Busher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 11:45:30 -0700

*With apologies for cross posting*

Dear Colleagues,

We're very excited to announce the beta launch of bepress's Expert
Gallery, which integrates with other bepress products and represents
an important expansion of our offerings and vision. The Expert Gallery
is the latest addition to a growing suite of services designed to help
institutions promote and report on their faculty's expertise.

*******

bepress Launches Beta of Expert Gallery to Promote Research Expertise

August 9, 2016

We at bepress are excited to announce the beta launch of the Expert
Gallery, a new product for institutions eager to highlight the rich
expertise of their faculty. The Expert Gallery facilitates the
valuable work of connecting an institution’s researchers with
opportunities that might otherwise be missed. Groups such as Marketing
and Communications and the Office of Research can use the product to
better land funding opportunities, speaking engagements, and
professional collaborations for top faculty members.

The Expert Gallery is designed to let stakeholders within and outside
of the institution find researchers by interest, skill set, and
research emphasis: simple searching and browsing, along with the
flexibility to create and display custom galleries, helps facilitate
targeted discovery for experts on campus. A built-in, rich toolset
lets institutions organize, manage, and connect their researchers to
the right opportunities and interested parties outside the
institution. While most expert galleries contain just biographical
information and a bibliography, integration of the bepress Expert
Gallery with SelectedWorks profiles lets researchers prove their
expertise with a full picture of their scholarly research, including
published and unpublished works, datasets, teaching materials, and
media appearances.

Launching the Expert Gallery as a new product reflects an important
expansion of bepress’s mission. For years we’ve helped libraries
reclaim their central role through providing services across campus.
We’ve especially focused on supporting the library in its important
efforts to promote the institution through the scholarship it
produces. With the Expert Gallery, the library can meet its campus’s
needs to go beyond demonstrating the value of its scholarship. Now the
library can offer a way to promote the institution through the rich
skills of the people who make it unique.

We plan to continue on this path of helping institutions maximize the
impact of people as well as their people’s scholarship. In early 2017
we will launch a suite of services that includes SelectedWorks, the
Expert Gallery, and a set of faculty reporting and analytics tools.

About bepress

Founded by professors in 1999, bepress exists to help academic
communities maximize the impact of their research and demonstrate
their value. In addition to the growing suite that includes the Expert
Gallery and SelectedWorks, bepress offers Digital Commons, the leading
hosted institutional repository software platform that lets
institutions manage, display, and publish scholarship to the web in a
beautiful, highly visible showcase. Over 450 institutions use bepress
products to collect, preserve, and make visible the full range of
their intellectual output.

--
Casey Busher
Director of Communications