From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:40:35 -0500
From: "Hinchliffe, Lisa W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 05:14:51 +0000

Every semester I teach a "Create and Manage Your Online Scholarly
Presence² workshop

(http://illinois.edu/calendar/detail/4092?eventId=32977681&calMin=201508&cal=20141104&skinId=1977)

From this experience, I can confirm that at least some people do
indeed think that they are the same. As to ³have to² - in theory, I¹d
say no. But, within the parameters of the time that any scholar has to
devote to putting their work online, maybe to yes. At a minimum, a
thoughtful strategy is worthwhile. I advise depositing PDFs in
repository and then linking from other sites but it isn¹t the only
possibility of course.

Lisa

--Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe Professor/Coordinator for Information
Literacy Services and Instruction
University Library 434
University of Illinois
Urbana, Illinois 61801,