From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2014 18:16:43 -0500
From: Cynthia Hodgson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:26:18 -0500

Keep in mind that the ONIX-PL standard (http://www.editeur.org/21/ONIX-PL/)
already provides a mechanism for marking up license terms. So the URI that
one references in the <license_ref> tag could point to a marked-up ONIX-PL
license file.

Also, NISO has a project underway to create some "template" licenses in
ONIX-PL and deposit them for public use in the GOKb and KB+ databases. We've
got some templates ready to go but are waiting on the database owners to get
them loaded. Once that is ready, we'll have some free training on the use of
these templates, how to access and customize them, etc. I'll send an
announcement to this list when the training webinars have been scheduled.

Cynthia Hodgson
Technical Editor / Consultant
National Information Standards Organization
301-654-2512