From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2017 18:10:18 -0400
From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 03:39:36 +0000

> Worth doing all this to make a careful show of protecting their rights against future malefactors who may be within reach?  I would be glad to be instructed.

Honestly, I wonder if that may be exactly what it is. If you let your
neighbor take care of your lawn for too long, the law will eventually
recognize your lawn as his. Maybe these big copyright holders are
filing suit in order to prevent something similar happening with their
intellectual property.

---
Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dean for Collections & Scholarly Communication
Marriott Library, University of Utah
Desk: (801) 587-9989
Cell: (801) 721-1687