From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2017 21:26:28 -0400
Query forwarded from another list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sigal Lahav Scher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:04 AM
Subject: IIL CLAUSE

I have a query regarding ILL.

In the majority of our license agreements the following  (or similar)
ILL clause is  included:

"The Licensee may fulfil occasional requests to supply to an
Authorised User of another library by post or fax, or by secure
transmission using Ariel software, or similar, provided the electronic
file is deleted immediately after printing, for the purposes of
research or private study and not for Commercial Use, a single paper
copy of an electronic original of an individual document being part of
the Licensed Materials".

This clause is quite "historical" as Ariel is old system and we no
longer use it. Can you please advise which secure transmission are you
using (except Nilde, which is used by the Italian Universities)?

Few libraries use tools like One drive, Dropbox or Google drive that
probably do count as secure system.

Thank you in advance,

Dr. Sigal Lahav Scher
Director
MALMAD - Israel Center for Digital Information Services
IUCC, Tel-Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel  69978