From:
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:20:38 -0400
From: Mary Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 14:37:16 -0700

Mightn't publishers of open access articles use an NC model in hopes
of protecting researchers from deceptive practices by other
'publishers'?

People who do not have deep knowledge of various ways to access
articles might believe that a pay version of an article they encounter
is the only option available and not realize that the article was open
access.

Mary Summerfield

Publications Business Development Manager
SPIE

SPIE is the international society for optics and photonics.