From:
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2016 07:15:15 -0400
From: adam hodgkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 05:48:46 +0200

Exact Editions is developing a platform that would support an offering
*close* to this. What we have is just perfect for the publisher who
sees the need but is worried/perplexed about the PDF download aspect
of the requirement. Our service, which is currently in beta-test mode,
allows whole-book syncing to tablets/phones/iPads but not
transmissible PDFs of the entire work. Exact Editions is a platform
rather than a publisher, so for the publisher with that worry we would
be able to provide a solution.

If any publisher with good quality editions of original classics in
English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian etc would like
to take up the challenge we would love to hear from them

The Exact Editions platform for books and perpetual access was
mentioned on this list by me, a couple of weeks ago

http://listserv.crl.edu/wa.exe?A2=LIBLICENSE-L;a29d4542.1602

The beta-testing so far has been focussed on the apps which run on
iOS/Android devices. A new HTML Reader is now available for
beta-testers and our existing magazine subscribers here
reader.exacteditions.com

We will be announcing broader availability of some books for
beta-testers shortly

Adam

Adam Hodgkin
www.exacteditions.com