From:
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 21:29:15 -0700
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:43:57 +0000

Dear Lars,

Thanks for sharing this link about the 70% of journals not charging
APCs, according to the DOAJ.

An important question however is what proportion of open access
articles do these 70% of journals publish? Some of the biggest
journals, such as PLOS One, charge APCs. Does anyone know of a report
that could indicate how many open access *articles* are published with
an author fee?

Also important to note that some open access journals that do not
charge APCs recoup costs through indirectly charging their authors
through society membership fees (and the society covers all or part of
the APCs).

Kind regards,

Iain Hrynaszkiewicz
Outreach Director