From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 18:07:16 -0500
From: Darby Orcutt <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 08:24:51 -0500

David,

We have tried several times over the past 12+ years to license this
resource, with no success. There are terms in the agreement that we
cannot legally sign under North Carolina law, and UCI stubbornly
refuses to change anything. This is the ONLY resource that I have ever
had to outright deny our users due to the absolute intransigence of a
vendor (commercial or not) on any term other than price, and the folks
at UCI ought to be ashamed - but they clearly don't care.

Best,
Darby

Darby Orcutt
Assistant Head
Collection Management Department
North Carolina State University Libraries
Raleigh, NC  27695-7111