From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:17:51 -0400
From: Bill Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 22:52:41 -0400

Jim,

This is a good idea in theory, but becomes more
complicated in practice.

Some peer reviewers actually might like a submission,
but think it is wrong for the specific journal they are reviewing
it for.

And the authors would squawk (loudly).  This is like a job
applicant being asked how many times he/she has been turned
down previously, and why.    They'd consider it confidential.

I wish the system you describe could be implemented...

Bill Cohen