From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 19:56:00 -0400
From: Steve Oberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 00:27:52 +0000

Ilse,

No such list exists to my knowledge. Reasons for that are many
including non-disclosure agreements, but it varies depending upon the
publisher in question. Some are quite open about charges, some aren’t,
and for some the list price is negotiable depending on how many tokens
purchased at a time. E.g. if a publishers user the token purchase
model, the more tokens you buy up front, generally, the more you can
negotiate to lower the cost per article.

Have stated all of that, the general price range I’ve seen or
experienced myself (my library is a big user of PPV) is between $15-30
USD per article, sometimes higher, and sometimes a bit lower.

Also it is worth mentioning that there are many variables to
pay-per-view that make it hard to come up with a list of prices for
major publishers. There are many different flavors of pay-per-view:
institutional, individual, article rental, DRM-free (allows you to
download personal copy of PDF), and on and on.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Electronic Resources and Serials
Wheaton College (IL)

From: "De Lange, Ilse <[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 13:05:53 +0000

Does anyone have a list, or know of the existence of a list, of
article pay-per-view costs for (of the major) journal publishers?

Ilse De Lange
Hoof: Bestelafdeling / Head: Acquisitions Division
Biblioteek- & Inligtingsdiens / Library & Information Service
Universiteit Stellenbosch University
South Africa