From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2016 20:15:49 -0400
From: Katie Fortney <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 15:19:00 -0500

Hi Sandy,

1) No, we don't do any monitoring of faculty publication contracts.
Consistent with how we've long handled previously-published works in
eScholarship, we provide information and leave the faculty to make
their own unmediated deposits.

2) Yes, authors are advised to deposit their author's final manuscript
version. We don't introduce the complexity about checking to see
whether their publisher allows the version of record in Elements
because there's already plenty for authors to read and do there.
However, when authors are depositing a file for an item record that's
been found by Elements, a link to the version of record is
automatically added to the article's information in eScholarship (See
the left column in this example, under DOI:
http://escholarship.org/uc/item/13r1d7g5 ).

Best,
Katie
Katie Fortney, J.D., M.L.I.S.