From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:38:22 -0500
From: Michael Magoulias <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 02:51:24 +0000

Well, yes, actually. To both questions. Scholars and researchers
already made the choice in favor of sites like ResearchGate in the
sciences and Academia.edu in the humanities. Between just these two
there are roughly 30 mil. users. ResearchGate is poised to become
larger than Google Scholar by the end of the year. I suspect that this
dwarfs the content deposited in institutional repositories, which have
become noteworthy chiefly for the lack of enthusiasm they inspire in
authors. By contrast, researchers are breaking their copyright
agreements like it's going out of style in order to put content up on
these networking sites.

Sent from my iPad