From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:34:15 -0500
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:38:20 +0000

PRESS RELEASE

Anyone, anywhere can now access OECD full-text content following the
launch of ‘Read’ on the OECD’s global knowledge platform, OECD
iLibrary – right down to the level of individual chapters and tables.
Read content is optimised for browser-enabled mobile devices and can
be read online wherever there is an internet connection*. They are
also shareable and embeddable.

“Our mission is to maximise access to and dissemination of OECD’s
knowledge,” said Toby Green, OECD’s Head of Publishing, “and by
offering Read at the level of individual chapters, we call on our
readers to help us in this mission. Since you don’t have to share the
whole book, but can pick a chapter or even a single table, we hope
this feature will stimulate more dissemination and discussion about
OECD’s research, policy advice and data.”

With tablets likely to displace laptops and desktops as the main
reading device for many patrons in the coming years, adding a
tablet-friendly version to OECD iLibrary means the needs of Librarians
are met too: patrons will discover, share and use subscribed OECD
resources more easily, encouraging usage. Sharing OECD knowledge with
class and colleagues is simpler than ever, thanks to the social media
tools included. And use of Read content is fully aggregated in the
COUNTER statistics provided to registered institutions.

The Read service demonstrates OECD’s continuing commitment to making
its content accessible for all, whether at a subscribing institution
or not. Using Read, anyone can fact-check and access OECD full-text
material.  OECD iLibrary is delivering more and more OECD knowledge,
with downloads 40% higher than last year. Now, with the introduction
of Read on OECD iLibrary, OECD knowledge is not only accessible for
everyone, but shareable too.

For more details, visit www.oecd-ilibrary.org or contact [log in to unmask]

James Kitchen
Marketing Manager
OECD
Public Affairs and Communications
2 rue André-Pascal
75775 Paris Cedex 16
France

* The Read service in HTML5 is available for all publications released
since August 2012. Titles released beforehand still use a Flash-based
tool but these are progressively being replaced and our goal is to
have the complete backlist fully mobile-friendly by early 2013.