From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:49:59 -0400
From: Pippa Smart <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 09:11:44 +0100

Hi - I am only really familiar with the UK CLA who have a very useful
guide to "where the money goes"
(http://www.cla.co.uk/protect_creativity/wherethemoneygoes)

If I am right, there is really no point in this clause being in the
contract. I can only think that this clause has been included
following some wrangle about an element receiving royalty (e.g. the
cover image) where the non-copyright owner felt entitled to some cut.

Pippa

*****
Pippa Smart
Research Communication and Publishing Consultant
PSP Consulting
email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.pspconsulting.org
****
Editor of the ALPSP-Alert, Reviews editor of Learned Publishing
****