From:
Michael Mabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2016 08:52:18 +0000
Thanks to Bill for quoting our latest version of the STM Report 2015 www.stm-assoc.org/2015_02_20_STM_Report_2015.pdf . Mark Ware and I took soundings on download statistics and it would be fair to say that the 2.5 billion figure is probably an underestimate, not least because it cannot take into account downloads of versions of articles held around the web. The quoted figure was an estimate from publisher gross download data on their platforms of VoRs.

Best

Michael A. Mabe

Chief Executive Officer

International Association of STM Publishers

Prins Willem Alexanderhof 5           Prama House, 267 Banbury Road

Den Haag, 2595BE, NL                         Oxford, OX2 7HT, UK

Phone: +44 1865 339321

Direct:  +44 1865 339324

Mobile +44 7717343083

Fax:       +44 1865 339325